In this recap episode, I share the Bits of Gold from Brandon Steiner.
- How to be a winner: In order to win, you only need to win 51% of the time. You can lose 49% of the time and still be a winner. To win, you just need one yes.
- You need to try things: Trying things creates confidence, opportunity, and valuable lessons. With each experience, you will have more data and knowledge to know what you like and don't like, what you are good at and not good at, etc... After every experience, you are more prepared for future opportunity.
- Don't be afraid to do things that are not sexy: Get your hand's dirty! Don't be afraid to do something just because you are scared how it may or may not look on your resume. (In my opinion, you should focus on building your life, not your resume.) Learn how to make a buck. Each experience will lead you some place and in that process, you will learn something new.
- Focus on the most important things: Instead of focusing on the bad customers, focus on the good customers. Focus on your important customers and your best customers. Don't get distracted focusing on the bad. It's so easy to do that. Focus on the good.
- Money Grab: It's okay if you have an opportunity to reach out and grab the money. Sacrificing short term for the long-term gain. However, if the grind becomes a 5, 10, and 25 year grind of non-stop work, re-evaluate what is important to you. You need to focus on long-term balance. But a short term imbalance of 1-2 years is okay.
P.S. Baseball cards are no longer the asset I thought I once had.
Leave a review on Apple podcasts if you enjoy!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.